Dying with Dignity NSW has compiled a list of resources to enable you to get more information about Advance Care Planning (if you wish). The list is not exhaustive, and is current at February 2018.
• The NSW Government Planning Ahead Tools provides information and advice for future legal, health and financial decisions – Ph 1300 887 529
• NSW Health – Making an Advance Care Directive – information booklet and form; What is Advance Care Planning?,
• Professor Colleen Cartwright’s website as Principal Director of Cartwright Consulting Australia P/L, which has free downloadable forms and other information.
• NSW Trustee and Guardian Ph 1300 364 103 provides resources related to appointment of enduring guardianship, revocation of appointment of enduring guardian and notice of resignation as enduring guardian. They also have information about appointment of power of attorney (financial matters) and will making.
• Advance Care Planning Australia – includes information in other languages – Phone 1300 208 582
• Dementia Australia (previously Alzheimer’s Australia) – see Planning for the end of life for people with Dementia– or call the National Dementia Helpline on 1800 100 500
• The NSW Dept of Health – Dignity, Respect and Choice: Advance Care Planning for End of Life for People with Mental Illness is designed to help support people with mental illness, their families and carers and health professionals – available in eleven languages
• The Law Society of NSW – use their Solicitor Referral Service to find a local solicitor with experience in this area or phone 02 9926 0300 (Sydney) or 1800 422 713 (outside Sydney)
• Sydney Local Area Health – My wishes advance care planning – documents and information in many languages; plus Ambulance Authorised Palliative Care Plan
• For more information and to register for organ and/or tissue donation at The Organ and Tissue Authority website or phone 1800 777 203 to request a posted registration form.
* * * * * *
If you would like to understand more about death and dying generally, rather than advance care planning specifically, you may like the following websites:
• End of life law in Australia by Queensland University of Technology – this website is designed to be used by patients, families, health and legal practitioners, the media, policymakers and the broader community to access information about Australian laws relating to death, dying and decision-making at the end of life.
• Life Circle Australia – They want dying to be understood as a natural part of life. Life Circle aims to connect people who are caring for a dying family member or friend to information and advice to help them make choices about end of life matters.
• The Groundswell Project – their vision is that when someone is dying, caring or grieving, we all know what to do. They started the celebration of Dying to Know You Day on 8 August each year.
To access our Advance Care Planning Pack you can order a printed copy for $20 or download a soft copy free of charge through our Webstore: link here
If you are having trouble down loading documents or purchasing printed forms please get in touch at [email protected].
All new members automatically receive a set of printed forms as part of their new member pack. You can become a member of DWD using this link